Apple has released an update for Lion OS X with several minor fixes. The latest update 10.7.3 comes with Safari 5.1.3 and few fixes for Microsoft Active Directory service. As usual, it is highly recommended for all Mac (Lion OS X) users to update the latest version. Here I’m providing the download links for client and server 10.7.3 combo/separate updates.
Apple recommends using ‘Time machine’ to take a system backup before proceed to Software update online or manually.
The update covers few areas on Safari web browser and Directory services, such as;
- Add Catalan, Croatian, Greek, Hebrew, Romanian, Slovak, Thai, and Ukrainian language support
- Address issues when using smart cards to log into OS X
- Address compatibility issues with Microsoft Windows file sharing
- Address an issue printing Microsoft Word documents that use markup
- Address a graphics performance issue after sleep on some earlier iMacs that use ATI graphics
- Resolve a Wi-Fi connection issue when waking from sleep
- Improve binding to read-only Active Directory Domain Controllers
- Improve binding and login speed for Active Directory users in a domain whose name ends in “.local”
- Improve reliability of Dynamic DNS (DDNS) updates by Active Directory clients
- Allow login with an Active Directory username that contains a space
- Improve compatibility with Active Directory schemas that have been extended with the “apple-user-homeDirectory” and “apple-user-homeurl” attributes
- Fix home directory Dock item for Active Directory users with mobile accounts
- You can read the full
10.7.3 Download Links
Download link for 10.7.3 (Client) ( 997.01MB – You need to have 10.7.2 system already)
- – (1.2GB – You do not need any of the previous updates on Lion OS X, this will work with 10.7)
Download link for 10.7.3 (Server) – (1GB – This is only for Lion OS X Server version if you have 10.7.2 already)
Download link for 10.7.3 (Server) Combo – (1.34GB – This is only for Lion OS X Server version which will work from 10.7)
I have not tried the latest 10.7.3 on any of the earlier hackintosh methods on VirtualBox or VMware. I’m not sure how it will behave after the update. I recommend to take a snapshot from VirtualBox or VMware workstation before proceed to update.
Please share your successful or failure attempts on Hackintosh 10.7.3