OK, this is not very brand-new news, but useful update for Linux and Virtualbox users. Fedora 15 latest distribution is available for download and updated Oracle VirtualBox 4.0.8 supports GNOME 3 rendering under Fedora 15 and Ubuntu 11.04. This small guide shows the links of Fedora 15 Download for 32 bit and 64 bit computers.
What’s new in Fedora 15?
- GNOME 3 including the new GNOME 3 shell
- KDE 4.6 with the improved Plasma workspace, enhanced core applications, and greater memory efficiency.
- XFCE 4.8 with a new panel, Thunar enhancements and more.
- Virtualization improvements including Spice support in virt-manager and support for Xen hosts.
- More information about latest Fedora 15 version can be found here
Fedora 15 Download links
- Desktop Edition 32bit Intel compatible Computers – ISO file download here.
- Desktop Edition 64bit Computers – ISO file download here
- Fedora 15 KDE Spin 32bit and 64bit (More distributions also available) – ISO file download here
The latest and major update of GNOME 3 shell is supported well in Oracle VirtualBox 4.0.8, so you can get the full features inside the virtual machine.
The maintenance release of VirtualBox 4.0.8 is having several issues fixed and GNOME 3 support for Fedora 15 and Ubuntu 11.04. The complete change log for 4.0.8 available here.
You can download the latest VirtualBox 4.0.8 for Windows, Linux, Mac OS X and Solaris hosts here.
I will play around with latest Fedora 15 on VirtualBox and VMware and update here.