Recycle bin is one of the most important icon we have to use in the real need. We do not care it until we need some important deleted files or folders from recycle bin. If you are facing problem in getting back the missing recycle bin or how show that icon on Windows 8/8.1, this post would be helpful. Here is the simple way to show missing recycle bin icon on Windows 8.1 or 8.
Also I will be showing how to setup the option to delete files and folders directly and immediately without moving into recycle bin Windows 8 or 8.1. Bypassing recycle bin while deleting could be risky most of the time because you can never get the deleted files back, but some times it would be useful in deleting larger files quickly.
Missing Recycle Bin – How to Show in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8
1) Make sure you are in the desktop mode in Windows 8.1 or 8 computer ( press Windows key for that).
Then right click on the blank space in desktop, click personalize.
This method is very similar to our earlier guide about how to show my computer icon on Windows 8/8.1.
2) Click on ‘Change desktop icons’ in the next screen.
3) To show the recycle bin icon, make sure to tick ‘Recycle Bin’ check box as shown below. This will bring back the missing recycle bin icon to desktop of Windows 8.1 or 8.
Also, you can customize the icons of recycle bin ( full or empty) in above box.
To Clean Up the Recycle Bin in Windows 8.1
4) Right click on the bin and select empty as shown below.
If you like to see the Recycle bin in the start menu, select ‘Pin to Start’ option from the menu.
To delete the files quickly and directly without sending into recycle bin, follow the below step.
5) Right click the bin and select properties.
6) Select the second option to delete the files directly without moving to recycle bin Windows 8.1/8.
If you like to see the ( I prefer this) confirmation dialogue box before deleting the files, tick the check box.
Hope this simple method would have been informative for you.