If you wish to install latest version of Android 4.4 KitKat on your Windows 8 or 7 PC, here is the simple guide. It is easy with free desktop virtualization software Oracle VirtualBox. There are few methods available with earlier Android versions to install directly on normal PC hardware but these methods are slightly complicated and not recommended for all computer users.
By following below method you can install Android 4.4 KitKat on PC as another virtual Operating System and it doesn’t require any hacking steps. This could be an ideal way to see the new features, interface change, new dialer and others in KitKat on your PC even if your mobile device doesn’t support the latest release.
This demonstration has been done with current Android 4.4.2 on Windows 8, so will work perfectly on Windows 8.1 and 7. Even though official release from Google is not available for X86 and x64 PC hardware yet, we can use another package from famous Android-x86 project team.
Installation Steps of Android 4.4 KitKat on PC
3) Create a new virtual machine, OS type is Linux and version is Linux 2.6 as shown below.
Better to have enough RAM, I configured 1024 MB.
Configure the virtual VDI hard disk in next screen.
4) Attach the downloaded Android 4.4 ISO to virtual machine’s CD/DVD drive.
5) Other installation steps are very similar to our earlier guide about Jelly bean on PC, follow the steps from Step 5 to Step 10 from previous guide.
6) Once the KitKat Android has been successfully installed on the Windows PC, remove the ISO from CD/DVD drive of virtual machine and restart the VM.
That should take you to initial configuration screens.
7) You must disable the mouse integration on virtual machine, so the proper cursor will appear inside KitKat virtual machine to use easily.
To release the mouse pointer (cursor) back to host Windows computer, simply press right ‘Ctrl’ key on keyboard.
8.) After the initial configuration, you can experience the Android 4.4.2 on Windows PC with VirtualBox.
Here is the home screen.
About system, under settings ( it takes as tablet)
Another proof, honestly the graphics performance is not bad at all. Its really fun to run the latest phone/tablet Android OS on your Windows computer.
I’m sure this would be a good way to experience the latest Android OS on your PC, share your experience.