Before the release of Samsung S8, it was an easy process to take the screenshot by just pressing the power button plus the physical Home button. In Samsung’s latest Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus, the physical Home button has been replaced by a digital touch button on the screen. With this alteration in S8 and S8 plus, all the functionality related to physical Home button have also been changed. Having said that, the button combos used to take the screenshots have also changed. Here we are going to show you how to take screenshot or screen capture on latest Samsung S8 and S8 Plus. To make your life easier, we present some new ways to take the screenshot in Samsung Galaxy S8 in the absence of the friendly Home button.
Samsung S8 Screen Capture Method1- Button Combo
This is a pretty simple technique of pressing two buttons simultaneously. Unlike Samsung S7 and earlier galaxy versions where you need to press Home and standby buttons, the button combos used in Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus are similar to those used in other Android phones.
- Open the content that you need to screen shot on the display screen.
- Now press Power and Volume down buttons at the same time.
- The screenshot will be completed after you hear shutter sound and an animation is flashed on the screen
- Check the screen shot captured in MyFiles or Gallery app in Samsung S8 device.
Screen capture on Samsung Galaxy S8 Method2- By Swiping the screen
This is a more convenient method compared to pressing the combo buttons. You might feel little uncomfortable swiping S8 Plus with a single hand due to its large size. So follow these steps to take a screenshot.
- Hold the phone in any hand you are comfortable with so that your thumb is on the edge of the screen.
- Now Swipe the screen from one end to other (from left to right or right to left) that’s it! You will hear a shutter sound and a small-time animation flash indicating completion of the task.
If you are not able to take the screenshot by swiping method, you need to check whether it is enabled in the settings. Navigate the following path to manage the swiping option.
Settings>Motion>Motion and Gestures>Palm Swipe to Capture
If it is disabled, you can move the toggle button from ‘Off’ to ‘On’ mode.
Capture large documents or content with scrolling option in Samsung S8
Sometimes the content, you need to capture does not fit on the screen due to its large size. Thanks to Samsung’s Smart capture feature that lets you take screenshots of large size content without taking multiple screenshots.
- Capture the content by using any of the method 1 or 2.
- Scroll down to a menu bar on the bottom of screen and tap “scroll Capture” and capture more area you need to add on the screen.
Note: Make sure the Smart capture option is “Turned On” in the advanced feature settings.
Smart capture in Samsung S8 offers you a lot more options to manage the captured screenshots. Some of the options include drawing on the images, cropping them and sharing instantly with your friends.
With these tricks mentioned above, you can have a plenty of fun in taking the screenshot in Samsung S8 or S8 Plus. But these screenshots are just like other images that take up the space on the storage device. You need to clean up space on a regular basis to save more stuff. If you have used any of the methods above, do share your experience in the comments section.