By default the pop-up blocker is enabled on Windows 10 Internet Explorer 11. It is good in some cases to avoid distraction from pop-ups such as Ads, malware clicks, and another unwanted stuff on the web browser. At the same time, it can block few genuine pop-ups, dialog boxes and download options. This quick tip shows you how to turn off Internet Explorer Pop-up blocker in Windows OS. This method is identical for all latest internet explorer versions such as IE11, 10, 9 and Operating Systems including Windows 10, 8.1 and server Operating Systems like Windows 2012 R2 and 2016 Nano.
You have 2 options to disable pop-up blocker on Internet Explorer;
1) Completely turn off the Internet Explorer pop-up, or
2) Turn off this for specific sites only.
Completely Turn Off Internet Explorer Pop-up
Remember, completely disabling this option will disable the pop-up blocker for all website whether you trust or not. Be aware of the consequences by it.
1) Go to Menu (by pressing Alt key when the IE opened), click on tools –> Pop-up Blocker then select to turn it off as shown below.
Above setting will disable it for all websites in particular user profile.
Turn Off IE Pop-up Blocker for Specific Sites Only
Let’s say that you do not want to turn off it completely for all website. But you need to turn it off for specific genuine sites only, like Microsoft, Symantec and other sites which normally pop-up for downloads, dialog box and any other information. Follow this step.
2) If the pop-up blocker is enabled, when a website sends pop-up, IE will give a message to enable once or allow always for particular site as below.
Allow Once – One time you can see the pop-up from particular website.
Allow Always – It will white list this particular website from pup-up blocker and show the pop-ups from this website always in future.
3) If you click on ‘More settings’ from here or ‘Pop-up Blocker settings’ from step 1, you can manually add your favorite sites and set the security level of blocks here. This place gives more control to manage pop-up blocker settings in Windows OS.
To turn on the pop-up blocker for all sites or particular sites, you can undo the same steps you did earlier. We hope this guide would be helpful in achieving the target.