This article explains how to install admin pack for Windows 7 computer and start using. Even if you don’t have high end Windows 2008 servers but to manage small network from your windows 7 computer these admin pack tools help lot. Administration pack tools do not come with Windows 7. You have to download it from Microsoft site and install.
This administration tools pack allows doing most of the Windows 2003, Windows 2008 and Windows 2008 R2 server tasks from your Windows 7 computer.
Remote Desktop manager is one of the admin pack tool to manage multiple remote desktop connections in one screen and it allows saving user name password for each connection profile. So next time you do not need to type user name and password to connect specific computer or server. Installing Admin or administrators pack on windows 7 is slightly different than earlier versions of Windows.
Here are the steps to install Admin pack for Windows 7
You can install the Administration Tools pack on a computer that is running the Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate editions of Windows 7.
2) Start the installation. Yes for Install update.
3) Once successfully installed, next screen shows how to install each feature of admin pack tool. Without doing following steps you can’t find any of the administration tools in program files or control panel. Close the screen and go to control panel.
4) Go to Programs and features. Select Turn Windows features on or off then select Remote Server Administration Tools as shown below.
5) Depends on the requirement of network you can select each option. As I mentioned earlier, you can manage Windows 2003,2008 and 2008 R2 Servers from Windows 7 client computer by this administration tools pack. You must be in administrator group or administration tasks privilege should have been given to perform some of server tasks. In this example I select Remote Desktop Services Tools which help to manage multiple remote desktop connections in Windows 7 computer.
6) So newly added administrations pack tool feature can be found under Administrative Tools in Windows 7.
The other administrative pack tools which you select also will be listed under Administrative Tools.
Even you can install Server Manager in Windows 7 and do the same all server tasks in Windows 2003,2008 and 2008 R2 from Windows 7 client.
I’m sure this article explained about how to install Admin Pack for Windows 7 to get remote desktop manager and to enable other administration tasks.