Latest browser hit the market recently, its called ‘RockMelt’. It’s having some cool features which will be loved by social networking and blogging people. I feel its an combination of Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. You do not need to visit facebook or twitter websites, all come in same browser interface. You can do most of the things in same screen. Let me show the cool features I found and how to install RockMelt on Windows XP. Because of it doesn’t require any OS components, it will work with Windows 7 and Vista too.
What I like and Found so far in RockMelt
1) It connects with your facebook profile and get the status of friends and recent activity. You can chat with them and post on your wall from browser it self.
2) Twitter integrated, connect and get the tweets. You can tweet too.
3) Single box for facebook and twitter updates.
6) Add your favorite website’s feeds and read them on browser without disturbing your browsing. It opens in different screen as a preview.
7) Search and preview the result before clinking them. This too working in different screen, so it helps in saving time without opening a different tab and search.
8.) Feed pop ups on taskbar. When ever something new on your facebook profile or twitter or web feeds, it pop up on task manager.
These all are just new features you will see in RockMelt immediately. Definitely more will be there, share them here.
Install RockMelt on Windows XP
Its simple, download 545KB installation file from official site here and rest is online installation. Very quick and fast. Facebook profile email and password should be provided.
I’m not sure how much secure to provide social networking login information to a browser. I’m not going to make it as my default browser till it gains good name among users and experts.
RockMelt is just a combination of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Social networking.
If you have good or bad experience with this new browser, share with us.