Apple released the update for Snow leopard desktop Operating System when everyone waited for next new major OS release Lion OS X 10.7. The latest update 10.6.8 is recommended for all Snow Leopard users. By any chance you want to manually download Mac OS X 10.6.8 Combo update and separate, then find out the links below. You can use this dmg file to update a Snow Leopard machine from 10.6 to 10.6.8.
So, what’s new in this latest update?
- Enhancements to the Mac App Store to get your Mac ready to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion.
- Resolves an issue that may cause Preview to unexpectedly quit.
- Improves support for IPv6.
- Improves VPN reliability.
- Identifies and removes known variants of MacDefender malware.
- Corrects timezone data in iCal for Lisbon-Portugal.
More information about this latest update available here.
Download Mac OS X 10.6.8 separate update from here (official site) – 475MB. 10.6.7 is required for this update.
If you are updating your Hackintosh versions on VMware or VirtualBox, make sure to take a snapshot.
You need to replace some kext files in VMware after the update but before restart the virtual machine to avoid USB mouse and keyboard issues.
Read more here how fix USB keyword issues after Snow Leopard Update
Make sure you have installed latest version of VirtualBox extension pack on VirtualBox while having the latest Mac OS X 10.6.8 on VirtualBox.
Install Virtualbox extension pack on Windows, Linux and Mac