VMware released a update patch for vSphere 4.1, ESX 4.1 and ESXi 4.1 with several issues fixed, more features added and more guest operating systems supported. vSpehere 4.1 or ESXi 4.1 is a good server virtualization software you can install in normal computer for learning and testing purpose. Some useful guides available here at Sysprobs here.
vSphere 4.1 update 1 came with following updates,
- Additional Guest Operating System Customization Support: vCenter Server now supports customization of the following guest operating systems:
- Windows 7 SP1 (x32 and x64)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (x32 and x64)
- RHEL 6.0 (x32 and x64)
- RHEL5.5 (x32 and x64)
- Additional vCenter Server Database Support: vCenter Server now supports the following databases:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP3
- Oracle 11g Standard/Enterprise Release 2, 188.8.131.52.0 or later, (x32 and x64)
- IBM DB2 9.7.2 Express C (x32 and x64)
- IBM DB2 9.7.2 Enterprise (x32 and x64)
ESX 4.1 update 1 carries following updates.
ESXi 4.1 update 1 carries following updates.