As machines become more powerful, the range of their capabilities has also increased at a seemingly exponential level. This has led to a few interesting technologies, but desktop virtualization might be one of the most useful ones of all. VirtualBox is one virtualization program that’s being used by millions of people.
Even though there are few desktop virtualization products available, but why more people are turning to VirtualBox?. Below are the possible and true reason for that.
1. Productivity Boosts – The day-to-day goal of any tech lover is to get the most productivity out of the equipment available to them. VirtualBox, like other desktop virtualization solutions, is a massive productivity booster. The ability to run Windows, OSX and Linux side-by-side with one another means no restrictions in terms of what programs can be run at any given time.
2. Free – The fact that VirtualBox is free is easily one of its bestselling points. Other software packages cover many of the same or similar features as VirtualBox, but they cost an arm and a leg. VirtualBox is free, making it a lifesaver for small companies who are interested in virtualization but lack the necessary funds.
3. Mobile OS Bridge – One of the most interesting parts of living in the smartphone age is that their operating systems are almost as evolved as their desktop counterparts. Custom packages created by the community allow users to run Android via VirtualBox. This functionality brings a whole new dimension to the personal computer.
4. A Walled Garden – People love to tinker by nature, but the downside of all this tinkering is that sometimes systems fail. VirtualBox allows operating systems and programs to run in their own sectioned-off area of the hard drive. That means that you can try all of the questionable configurations you want – if it fails, all you have to do is restore to an earlier point or wipe the partition altogether.
5. Full Peripheral Support – Earlier virtualization applications lacked this, but VirtualBox doesn’t. USB devices and other hardware are fully supported by VirtualBox. Now those pesky Windows-only devices can be used by OS X or Linux users on a moment’s notice.
When it’s all said and done, VirtualBox is one of the most amazing programs available on any platform. Its function is to make one machine serve as many. That alone makes it great for the tech lover who wants to try out different configurations, but the fact that it’s also free makes it something that every tech lover should try.
You can find more how to do guides and articles about VirtualBox here at Sysprobs.com.
Kate Croston is a freelance writer, holds a bachelors degree in Journalism and Mass Communication. She writes guest posts for different sites and loves contributing business internet service related topics. Questions or comments can be sent to: katecroston.croston09 @ gmail.com.