If you are looking for a Chromebook with a backlit keyboard, then this article is for you. Finding a suitable Chromebook seems like an easy task, but it is not. Various factors need to be considered before making a purchase.
We have done an extensive research to help you make the right choice. The article compiles and lists the best Chromebooks with a backlit keyboard available on the leading e-commerce website amazon. We also provide additional information related to the product to help you with your purchase. The FAQ section provided at the end of the article will help you gain more insight.
Chromebook and Its Advantages
Chromebooks are compact and convertible laptops, which are equipped with the Chrome OS operating system. The system is fast, secure, and smart, allowing you to perform various tasks smoothly and efficiently. Moreover, you can stream videos, browse the internet, play games, and perform productivity tasks on the Chromebook.
Also, a Chromebook is designed to run cloud-based applications and store data. The additional space on Google drive enables you to store files. On the other hand, it also provides offline access to stored documents and files when required. Hence, you don’t have to worry about having a secure internet connection at all times.
Moreover, they feature a compact and lightweight design. Thus, you can carry it around with you easily. In fact, Chromebooks are cheaper alternatives to laptops.
Benefits of a Backlit Keyboard
There are various Chromebooks available in the market for you to choose from. These models feature an elegant and stylish design. However, they are also sturdy and extremely durable.
Check the features and specifications of the Chromebook before making a purchase. There are certain models, which come with a backlit keyboard. This is a must-have feature as it makes the Chromebook stand out from the rest.
Moreover, the backlit keyboard allows you to type comfortably in the dark. Hence, it enhances your overall typing experience while making the Chromebook versatile and attractive. It also comes in handy when you have to work in outdoor environments or when you suddenly lose access to light.
Top 5 Chromebook with Backlit Keyboard
1. Acer Chromebook Spin 13
The Acer Spin 13 is a convertible Chromebook powered by the latest 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor. It is capable of running applications and loads graphics smoothly for up to 10 hours on a single charge.
The 13.5-inch display with 2256 x 1504 resolutions ensures crisp, sharp, and clear visuals. It also features 3:2 aspect ratios that ensure more vertical space to read information. You can easily view documents and websites with minimized scrolling.
This is a stylish, yet durable laptop that comes with an aluminum chassis. The lightweight material prevents it from getting warped, bend, or dent. Moreover, the gorilla glass touch screen and touchpad adds strength and smoothness to the stylish device.
It also includes an Acer stylish to provide a natural writing experience. You can store the stylus in the Chromebook to prevent it from getting lost. This device also features a reversible port with diverse functions. It can be used for quick data transfer, video streaming, and battery charging.
- Processor: 8th generation 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
- Graphics: Intel UHD graphics 620
- RAM: 8 GB LPDDR3
- Storage: 128 eMMC
- Display: 13.5-inches Corning Gorilla Glass NBT IPS 10 point multi-touch screen
- Weight: 3.5 pounds
- Battery Life: 10 hours
- Wireless Technology: Bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11ac with 2 x 2 MIMO technology
- Port: one reversible port, a total of three ports
- Stylish look with aluminum chassis.
- Tough, durable, and sturdy.
- Long-lasting battery life.
- Natural writing experience with a stylus.
- Ensures access to Chromebook apps and over 2 million Android apps for fun and productivity.
- 3:2 aspects offer more screen space.
- Sound from the speaker is distorted at times.
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
2. Asus Chromebook Flip C434TA-DS384T
The Asus Chromebook Flip C434 is the ideal option for those on the go as it can adapt to various situations. The latest 8th generation Intel Core M3 processor powers this laptop, making it fast and efficient. The long battery life allows you to work continuously for up to 10 hours.
The lightweight yet durable model features a 14-inch display in a 13-inch body. The touch screen display is enhanced by the NanoEdge design and ultra-slim bezel. You can enjoy a truly life-like experience in Full HD resolution.
This model is designed with a 360-degree hinge that holds the display at any angle. It also enhances the audio and lifts the keyboard to ensure a comfortable typing experience. Moreover, the aluminum body crafted with diamond-cut edges provides the laptop with a stylish and elegant finish.
- Processor: 8th generation Intel Core M3 processor (up to 3.4 GHz)
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 615
- RAM: 8 GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Storage: 64 GB eMMC
- Display: 14-inch touch screen Full HD nano edge display
- Weight: 3 pounds
- Battery Life: up to 10 hours
- Wireless Technology: Bluetooth and 802.11b/n/ac
- Ports: 2 USB 3.1 Type-C, 1 USB 3.1 Type-A, 1 audio jack, and 1 microSD card slot
- Google 100 GB free cloud storage for 1 year
- Elegant design with a premium backlit keyboard
- 360-degree Hinge for versatility
- Lightweight and compact
- The backlight of the keyboard could be brighter
- 14" Touchscreen Full HD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm thin) around each side of the display that allows for a 14" screen to fit in the body of a 13" laptop footprint
3. Acer Touchscreen Convertible Chromebook
The Acer Spin 15 convertible Chromebook with a backlit keyboard is a suitable option for streaming videos and performing productivity tasks. The thin and lightweight laptop can be used to download, edit, and convert files into Google docs, files, and sheets.
You can enjoy viewing videos and more on the 15.6-inch Full HD touch screen display. The Chromebook is powered by the Intel Pentium processor and Integrated Intel Graphics. It allows you to work efficiently for up to 12 hours. Moreover, it comes with built-in virus protection that automatically boots and updates the laptop for fast performance.
Also, the additional 100 GB Google drive space enables you to back up your files and documents with ease. It provides offline access to your folder when required. Thus, you can access your files and documents on the go even if you don’t have a stable internet connection.
- Processor: Intel Pentium N4200
- Graphics: Integrated Intel Graphics
- RAM: 4 GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage: 64 GB eMMC
- Display: 15.6-inch Full HD touch screen display
- Weight: 4.6 pounds
- Battery Life: up to 12 hours (approx)
- It provides access to a wide range of apps, books, TV, magazine, and more from the Google Play Store.
- Built-in virus protection
- Built-in storage for offline access to backed up files
- Thin and lightweight design
- Boots up quickly
- Performance and battery life could be better
- MediaTek MT8173C Core Pilot Quad-Core ARM Processor
4. Google Pixelbook
The Google Pixelbook is a high-performance Chromebook equipped with a built-in Google Assistant. The 2-in-1 design ensures versatile use. You can use it to access your favourite apps, including Google Drive, sheets, docs, Gmail, slide, YouTube, and more.
The thin and lightweight laptop, measuring 10.3 mm and weighing 2.45 pounds is the perfect choice for those on the go. It is powered by the Intel Core i7 processor, 16 GB RAM, and 512 GB storage. Moreover, the long-lasting battery and fast charge feature will get you through the day with ease.
Along with a sleek aluminum body, the laptop features a 12.3-inch 360-degree touch screen display. The Corning Gorilla Glass and backlit keyboard enhance the feel and smooth performance of the Google Pixelbook.
The elegant and powerful model is worth the price. It is the go-to laptop for those looking for a user-friendly Chromebook. Moreover, it is fast and works well as a tablet or laptop.
- Processor: 7th generation Intel Core i5 or i7 processor
- Graphics: Intel HD graphics 615
- RAM: 8 GB or 16 GB Memory
- Storage: 256 GB or 512 GB SSD
- Display: 12.3-inches LCD display (2400 x 1600 p)
- Weight: 2.45 pounds
- Battery Life: up to 10 hours
- Wireless Technology: Bluetooth 4.2 and WiFi 5 dual-band (2.4 + 5 GHz)
- Ports: 2 USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C, 4 integrated microphone, 2 integrated speaker, 3.5 mm headphone/microphone combo jack
- 2-in-1 design for versatile use
- Long-lasting battery
- Supports fast charge to provide 2 hours of use in 15 minutes
- Thin and lightweight design
- Sleek and stylish with aluminum body
- Corning Gorilla glass
- It is a bit expensive.
- Meet Google Pixelbook, the high performance Chromebook. It’s the first laptop with the Google Assistant built in.
5. HP Touchscreen Chromebook Laptop
The latest 8th generation Intel Quad Core i5 processor powers the HP Touch screen Chromebook laptop. It is equipped with 8 GB RAM and 128 GB eMMC flash memory for multitasking and storing essential files and folders. The enhanced storage capacity and streamlined data management make it ideal for mobile devices and applications. It also supports quick boot up and high definition video playback.
The model features a 15.6-inch Full HD micro-edge WLED backlight touch screen display and HP audio boost. These features enable you to experience entertainment like never before. Moreover, the backlit keyboard with a numeric touchpad enhances your typing experience.
The stylish and durable laptop is made using premium quality metal. The ceramic finish along with the 3D design, decorative coating, and protective finish makes it stand out from the other Chromebooks. Moreover, you can sync the laptop to access the Chrome browser and the google play store. You can work and play using the various apps available on the play store and the browser.
- Processor: 8th generation Intel Quad Core i5 processor
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- RAM: 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM
- Storage: 128 GB eMMC
- Display: 15.6-inch Full HD IPS Bright View Micro Edge WLED backlit touch screen display
- Weight: 3.99 pounds
- Battery Life: 3-cell, 60 Whr Li-ion battery ensures 13 hours battery life
- Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2 and 802.11ac (2 x 2) WiFi
- Ports: 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A, 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C, microSD card reader, headphone/microphone combo jack
- Backlit keyboard with numeric keypad
- Built-in HD webcam and dual speakers
- Slim, lightweight, and beautiful design
- Enhanced storage capacity
- Ideal for multi-tasking
- Strong and durable
- All-day battery life
- The touchpad is not very smooth.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com.
FAQs about Chromebook
What are Chromebooks good for?
Chromebooks are designed to handle light computing tasks like streaming videos, browsing the internet, and playing mobile games. The lightweight operating system helps in performing productivity tasks.
What is the difference between a Chromebook and a laptop?
Chromebooks are budget-friendly alternatives to laptops. They are designed to perform productivity and light computing tasks. Laptops are powered by Windows or Mac OS operating systems. On the other hand, Chromebooks run on Chrome OS and not Windows OS operating system.
Should I buy a laptop or a Chromebook?
Chromebooks are not as versatile as Windows OS operated laptops. A laptop is capable of performing various tasks. Moreover, it can be used by multiple users and run applications from various sources. However, a Chromebook is an affordable option to consider buying. It is ideal for those who wish to use it for light computing tasks like internet browsing and streaming videos.
Why are Chromebooks so cheap?
They are budget-friendly mainly because their operating system is free. On the other hand, manufacturers will have to pay an additional cost to run Windows, depending on the system and version. Also, the hardware system requirements to run Windows OS is higher. Hence, they are more expensive compared to Chromebooks. Also, a laptop is equipped with various features, which make it a versatile option to consider buying.
Do any Chromebooks have a backlit keyboard?
Chromebooks are budget-friendly options available in the market. Today, we have popular brands like Asus, HP, Acer, and Lenovo manufacturing Chromebooks with backlit keyboards. The article provides reviews of the best Chromebooks with backlit keyboards in 2020 which are available on the leading e-commerce website Amazon.
How do I adjust the brightness of the keyboard backlight of my Chromebook?
You can adjust the brightness of the keyboard backlight of your Chromebook by pressing the Alt key. Also, tap the screen brightness up and down keys to increase or decrease the intensity of the keyboard backlight.
Is the backlit keyboard important?
A backlit keyboard is an important feature for a laptop or Chromebook. It allows you to work or type comfortably in the dark. You can use it with ease, even if you suddenly lose access to light. Moreover, it enhances the style and elegance of your Chromebook.
Chromebooks may not be as versatile as laptops. You cannot edit videos, photoshop, or play games on a Chromebook. However, it is an affordable alternative that is worth buying.
The elegant and durable Chromebook features a lightweight and slim design. Thus, it is easily portable, making it suitable for those on the go. The backlit keyboard ensures easy and comfortable typing even in the dark. Hence, it is recommended to purchase a Chromebook that comes with a backlit keyboard.
You can consider going for our number one recommendation- Acer Chromebook Spin 13. The Asus Chromebook Flip C434 is another suitable option to consider buying. We hope this article helps you make an informed decision.