Undoubtedly, Apple focuses on customer experience a lot. Therefore, for those who cannot afford a Mac laptop or PC, the brand has introduced Mac Mini. However, the screen size of this device can be quite smaller. But, there’s even a solution to that problem. Having the best monitor for Mac mini can help you create wonders seamlessly.
Since Mac mini comes with two different ports, such as HDMI and Mini DisplayPort, connecting an external monitor wouldn’t be a hassle for you. So, when you think of buying a monitor, these two are the ports that should gain your attention. However, it’s not necessary to have these ports available in a monitor; if you’re comfortable, you can even buy an adapter to connect your monitor with Mac Mini.
So, get ready and navigate through this list to find the suitable monitors for Mac mini, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.
Our Collection of Top 10 Monitors for Mac Mini
1) HP 23.8-inch FHD IPS Monitor
HP is one of the considerable brands that produce reliable monitors. Keeping this in mind, you can check out this monitor. With a 23.8-inch diagonal full HD micro-edge IPS screen, it has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 and provides an ultra-wide viewing experience. It offers a response rate of 5ms and takes 60Hz as the refresh rate. Its aspect ratio is 16:9. Talking about connectivity options, it offers HDCP, HDMI, and VGA ports. With integrated speakers, you’re sure to get good enough sound.
- Sleek and slim design
- Sharp HD, clear picture
- Completely adjustable stand
- Minor blurs during fast-moving video
- Weak speakers
- This Certified Refurbished product is manufacturer refurbished, shows limited or no wear, and includes all original accessories plus a 90-day limited hardware warranty.
- Response Time — 5ms with overdrive for a smooth picture that looks crisp and fluid without motion blur
2) LG 32MA70HY-P 32-Inch Full HD IPS Monitor for MAC Mini
Next on the list is this one by LG. The brand has manufactured it with a 32-inches full HD IPS monitor. Not just with a mac mini, but this monitor even has Windows 10 compatibility. For the connectivity parts, it has d-sub, display port, and HDMI port inputs. If you’re a multi-tasker, this monitor even provides a screen split 2.0 option. Not just you can put it on a table with the help of a stand but can even mount it on the wall. Therefore, in this way, you have several options when it comes to working efficiently.
- Wide angles for viewing
- Accurate & precise colors
- Affordable option
- Average resolution
- No speakers
- Pixel distribution
- 32 inch full HD IPS monitor. Windows 10 compatible
- Inputs: Display port, HDMI, d-sub
3) SCEPTRE 27 Inch IPS Ultra 4K LED Monitor
The race of high definition monitors doesn’t seem to end anytime soon. And, SCEPTRE seems to be an appreciative participant of this race.
This monitor comes with a 27-inches 4K UHD IPS monitor. Amidst different connectivity options, it provides HDMI, HDCPI, DVI, DisplayPort, and more. It’s got a qualitative IPS panel. When it comes to its operating system compatibility options, there are many on the list, such as Windows 7/8/10, macOS Sierra/ High Sierra, and OS X EI Capitan. With real-time strategy and first-person shooter modes, your gaming experience with this monitor is going to be marvellous. It’s even got an inbuilt speaker for your ease.
- Superior built quality
- Different connectivity options
- Excellent for gaming & movies
- Bad speakers
- Can’t be adjusted properly
- Dim display
- 27" 4K UHD IPS monitor
- 2 x HDMI; (HDMI 1: HDMI 2.0, HDCP2.2; HDMI 2: HDMI 1.4, HDCP1.4); 1 x DVI; 1 x DisplayPort (DP)
4) Samsung U28E590D 28-Inch 4k UHD LED-Lit Monitor
Undoubtedly, Samsung has been serving the worldwide market for years altogether. And, when it’s about the monitors for Mac Mini, this brand surely knows how to satisfy its customers.
With a 28-inches ultra HD LED-lit screen, this monitor’s response time is 1ms, which helps reducing tearing of image, game stutter, and input latency. Its stunning 1 billion colors deliver realistic and crystal-clear images. It has been integrated with Picture-in-Picture (PIP) 2.0 technology to make your video watching experience good enough. Connectivity options are several as well.
- Extremely detailed UHD images
- Fast pixel response
- Elegant design
- Average viewing angles
- No USB ports
- Lean feature set
- With stunning Ultra HD picture quality, PC viewing, gaming and more come alive with incredible lifelike detail
- AMD FreeSync and 1ms response time minimizes input latency and dramatically reduces image tearing and stutter during gaming
5) Philips 288P6LJEB 28-Inch IPS Monitor
Considering the high demand for inexpensive monitors, Philips has come up with just the perfect one for consumers. Its 28-inches ultra-clear 4K UHD display provides a resolution of 2840 x 2160. Not just with your mac mini, but it can even work perfectly with your Windows system. It has got 1.07 billion colors, and its aspect ratio is 16:9.
Along with a response time of 1ms, this monitor by Philips even provides several connectivity options, such as a display port, USB, speakers, DVI, VGA, and more. Its multi-view option allows you to connect two different PCs at a time. With an adjustable height feature, you can even mount this monitor on the wall and work easily.
- Sharp UHD pictures
- Several connectivity ports
- Completely adjustable stand
- Narrow viewing angles
- Average grey-scale performance
- Philips P-Line 28" Led monitor with 4K UHD 3840x2160 (TN panel) with 20, 000, 000: 1 Smart contrast for rich Black details
- 10-Bit panel with over one billion colors that produces vivid pictures with smooth gradations
6) Dell 28″ Anti-Gare Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) 4K WLED Gaming/Professional Monitor
If not any other company, Dell will surely provide what you’re looking for. If you’re an avid gamer and looking for an appropriate monitor, then this can be your perfect bet. Stylishly and elegantly designed, this sleek & glossy monitor comes with a 28-inches anti-glare ultra HD 4K WLED display screen that provides a resolution of 3840 x 2160 which is really a help for 3D Work.
Its aspect ratio is 16:9. With a response time of 2ms, this Dell monitor offers blur-free images and a gaming experience. It has even got inbuilt dual 9W speakers and many other connectivity options, including audio-line, USB, connector, HDMI, and more. Its piano black finish and the matte screen will enhance the surroundings amazingly.
- 4K resolution screen
- Satisfactory image quality
- Elegant design
- Fewer display settings
- No position adjustment
- No VESA compatibility
No products found.
7) AOC U2879VF 28” Class LED 4K Monitor
The next one on the list is this simple but elegant looking AOC monitor. Manufactured with a 28-inches viewable TN panel display screen, this monitor has been given the resolution of 3840 x 2160.
Talking about its aspect ratio, you get 16:9. With a response rate of 1ms, this AOC monitor provides a refresh rate of 60hz. As far as the connectivity options are concerned, this stylish monitor provides a display port, VGA, HDMI, and DVI. It has been integrated with an extra narrow bezel and AMD FreeSync Technology for efficient use.
- FreeSync Technology
- The impressive accuracy of colors
- No VESA integration
- An absence of portrait mode
- No speakers
- 28" Class (28" Viewable) TN panel, 3840 x 2160 resolution, 16: 9 aspect ratio
- 300 cd/M2 Brightness, 60Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time, 20M: 1 DCR
8) LG 34UC80-B 34-Inch 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD IPS Monitor
This model by LG is definitely one of the most impressive models that you can find out there. As if its massive 34-inches diagonal screen wasn’t enough, LG has upped the game by providing a gentle curve to the screen. Its QHD IPS UltraWide Monitor provides an aspect ratio of 21:9.
With a quick charge through USB 3.0, you can use this monitor for hours. It has got a split 2.0 mode, and its height can be adjusted easily as well. For the connectivity aspects, it provides fairly good enough options.
- Impressive quality of the image
- Height & tilt adjustment
- Curved screen
- No speakers
- Not-so-good gaming mode
- Backlight bleed
- 21:9 UltraWide Curved QHD IPS Monitor
- sRGB over 99 percent/Color Calibrated
9) BenQ EW3270U 32″ 4K HDR Monitor
Now that HDR technology is becoming a hot-shot, several companies are coming up with effective and budgeted models. Similarly, BenQ has launched this amazing model that you can consider for your Mac Mini.
With a high resolution of 3840 x 2160, this monitor comes with a 31.5-inches display screen. To let you enjoy incredible details and clarity, BenQ has integrated HDR support into this model. Based on the ambient light conditions and on-screen content, this monitor is capable of adjusting colors and brightness accordingly.
The Flicker-free and low blue-light technologies help reduce the potential discomfort to the eyes. There are even different connectivity options as well, like DP, HDMI, display port, USB-c, etc.
- Ultra HD resolution
- HDR10 support
- Good contrast & accurate color
- Mid-tones in HDR can’t be adjusted
- Weak inbuilt speakers
- Narrow viewing angles
- Your #1 Source of Entertainment: Experience endless entertainment with the 32 Inch 4K Computer Monitor featuring a stunning 4K display.
- USB-C Connectivity: Synchronize images, videos, data and charge all of your mobile devices with an all-in-one cable!
10) Philips Momentum 436M6VBPAB 43” Class 4K LED Monitor
Although specifically designed for gaming, this momentum model by Philips can even help you accomplish several other tasks. It has a 43-inches display screen that provides a resolution of 3840 x 2160 and a response time of 4ms. Its ultra-wide color range intends to provide superior quality images to you.
With 7-watt speakers, Philips monitor wishes to provide you with incredible sound. It also has a multi-view and ambiglow mode. For connectivity, it provides a mini display port, display port, HDMI, PC audio in, headphone out, and USB-C.
- Good image quality
- Appropriate screen size
- Incredible native contrast ratio
- Lacks a TV tuner
- Too big to use as a PC
- Underwhelming HDR
- 43"(42.51 Viewable) Mva Panel, 3840 X 2160 Resolution, Adaptive Sync, 4Ms Response Time
- Brightness- Displayhdr 1000, Dynamic Contrast Ratio- 50,000,000:1, 16:9 Aspect Ratio. Viewing Angle-178º (H) / 178º (V). @ C/R > 10
Here is the video that shows how you can make your Mac mini a complete desktop computer.
Can I use any monitors with a Mac mini?
Yes, you can connect most of the monitors to Mac mini by using the correct adapter, having the right and original display converter/adapter allow you to connect and get the display in good quality. Usually, the Mac Mini comes with an HDMI-to-DVI adapter which is generally available on Apple monitors only. So, for a regular monitor with VGA or HDMI or DVI, you need to have the right display connector.
Can Mac mini run a 4K monitor?
Should I buy a Mac Mini or iMac?
If you are starting your journey with macOS and you have a limited budget, then Mac mini is the best choice. If you need a higher-end computer with a dedicated graphics card, 4K display and you have enough money to spend on a computer, you can think about iMac. iMac is usually suitable for high resource-hungry applications, multimedia editing and processing. So, buying the correct model is mostly depends on your requirement and budget.
Being familiar with a list of best monitors for Mac Mini can surely ease out your discomfort of navigating through different models just to choose one. So, this above-mentioned list is all about helping you make the right decision. Regardless of the monitor that you’re selecting for your Mac mini, ensure that it’s satisfactory in every aspect. Know more about the features of these monitors listed above and choose the best one for your use.