Touch screen laptops are getting very popular and Windows 10 has good support for touchscreen displays as well as touch screen monitors. Most people would think that touch screen laptops are expensive, but there are also cheaper ones available. There are a lot of best touchscreen laptops under $400, $500, $600 available to be purchased from Amazon. New Intel processors and newer RAM technologies are energy efficient so you will be getting better battery life in touch screen laptops. While the best ones are a bit hard to find, we have compiled a list for you.
We have selected the best models in each price range and listed their main features and Pros/Cons. Having a good touchscreen laptop give the ability to interact with the OS and programs easily and effectively like using a mouse pointer. Some laptops need a stylus, but recent laptops have excellent human finger touch support.
Since the touch screen technology adds extra expense to a laptop, you will find difficulty in choosing a high-end laptop with touch screen capability. Though the famous Microsoft Surface Pro and SurfaceBook come with the touch screen and high specs, they are expensive in the market.
Let’s jump to our collection in the year 2020. The price of these laptops may be different when you read this review, but it is worth to go for a high-end laptop even thou it looks expensive.
The collection of Best Touchscreen Laptops Under $400, $500, $600 in 2020
Price Range $400:
12. Dell Inspiron 3168 -11-inch Touchscreen
Dell Inspiron’s low-end laptops are underrated. The new Dell Inspiron 3168 is a very reasonably priced touch screen laptop in 2020. It is a flip-and-fold design, so you can use it as a laptop, tablet or a tablet with a stand. With a glossy plastic body that comes in four different colors, the Dell Inspiron 3168 has a fairly sturdy chassis. The Intel Pentium processor and 4GB RAM are powerful enough for performing day-to-day tasks, media consumption or playing some light games from the Windows Store. There is also a 500GB hard drive that is big enough for your storage needs.
The touch screen display is very precise but the display itself is a bit dull and for a touch screen laptop under $400 the color accuracy is not very impressive. Other than that, the Dell Inspiron 3168 is a very good touch-screen laptop that doesn’t break the bank.
- Competitive low price
- Impressive speakers
- Plenty of ports
- The display is a little dull
- 5 hours of battery life may not be ideal for some users
- Intel Pentium N3710, up to 1.6 GHz Processor
11. Lenovo Flex 4
Lenovo makes great flip-and-fold 360-degree laptops and the Lenovo Flex 4 2-in-1 is a very good touch screen laptop around $400 that is slim, lightweight and it’s neither too big nor too small. So, the Lenovo Flex 4 2-in-1 is great for home office work and for home entertainment as well. The screen easily folds completely to the back to be used as a tablet and in a tent-like formation, the laptop holds itself perfectly well. When portable, the battery of the Lenovo Flex 4 can run up to 8 hours. This laptop can be charged 80% in just 1 hour which makes this model suitable for the people who are on the move frequently.
The display is very sharp but not a sharp as higher-end laptops. The resolution of the display is small but it may be fine for most users. The display has 10-point multi-touch which is very accurate and precise.
- Thin, light and portable design
- The good battery life of up to 8 hours
- Display issues in all viewing angles
- Mouse touchpad is not very good
- 14.0" HD (1366*768) multi-touch display, Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620
10. HP 15.6-Inch HD Touchscreen Laptop
HP has always been good at developing a laptop with great specification. This laptop is not an exception to their quality work at a budget-friendly price.
HP 15.6-inch HD touchscreen laptop comes at a very low price yet equipped with many decent specs. The touch display has 1366×768 pixel resolution and provides the 10-finger multi-touch support. Inside the beautiful black chassis, this laptop packs the Intel Quad-Core Pentium Silver Processor N5000 with an ability to turbo boost up to 2.7GHz, Intel HD Graphics 620, 4GB RAM and 1TB mechanical hard drive.
Overall, HP provided the best that we can for such a low price. The price just falls under $300.
- Budget-friendly laptop
- Good performance with decent speed
- Good battery backup
- Does not have DVD player
- Do not have SSD which may cause some lags
- 15.6" HD LEDTouchscreen Display (1366 x 768), 10-finger multi-touch support
9. Dell Inspiron 15 6″ HD Touchscreen Flagship Premium
Dell is a US based company and has a good track record for building the best laptops and desktop PCs. The laptop that we are discussing here is named as ‘Flagship Premium’ product. No wonder, it will be packed with several useful specs.
To start, this weighs about 5.07 pounds and does not go heavy on your briefcase. You can easily carry it around. The 15.6″ display brings the beauty of 1366×768 pixels resolutions with LED-backlit and power of the touchscreen. It doesn’t stop there, with the help of integrated Intel HD Graphics 620 it delivers the darker blacks and sharp colours that stand out and makes an amazing graphics experience.
Also, this touch screen laptop is powered by the 8th Gen Intel i5 processor. Gettings a touch screen laptop with i5 processor around $400 is a great deal at the market. Here is another point, guess what? It comes with 256GB SSD storage that allows the Windows OS and other applications to work faster and users to store more data.
- Built using the SSD storage for faster performance.
- Powerful processor for the money
- Not for intensive work.
- No DVD drive
- Powered by 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8265u mobile Processor smart dual-core processing performance for HD-quality computing. 15. 6" Led backlit touchscreen with True-life HD. Lets you enjoy your favorite movies, shows and games in stunning 1366 x 768 resolution.
Touchscreen Laptops under $500
8. HP 15-Inch HD Touchscreen Laptop, 10th Gen Intel Core i5
HP has always been keen to pay attention to small details while building the computers and as the result of their perfection, we have the ‘HP Pavilion Business Laptop’ with an elegant design that encased in the beautiful silver chassis.
The major difference of this laptop compared to others in this list is the processor type. It comes with the latest 10th Gen i5 processor which is the recent model in the current year 2020.
This beauty brought ease to work with its 10th Gen Intel i5 processor that turbo boost up to the 3.4GHz. Along with the Intel UHD Graphics 620, the 15.6-inch diagonal HD touchscreen allows users to enjoy the beauty of high definition videos, graphics-intensive games and much more. The variant that we are talking about has 8GB RAM and 512GB SSD. 512GB SSD gives the freedom to store plenty of data on this laptop.
To improve the video chat or recording, this model equipped with two mics and advanced noise reduction software. It can meet your multimedia, professional and educational requirements.
Overall, it is a high-quality, budget laptop that can complete the load of work without compromising the performance, graphics and easy to carry around.
- Elegant design, lightweight laptop that catches the attention.
- Faster disk with more space (512GB SSD)
- Large display with HD experiences at a fairly good price.
- Long battery life provides the freedom to work outside.
- Missing a good display card
- RAM not upgradeable
- Design and style with performance to match: stay connected and productive with long-lasting battery life and a thin and portable, micro-edge bezel design
7. Dell Inspiron 15 Touchscreen Laptop
If you are looking for a laptop that fulfills your desire of touchscreen while not compromising on the speed and other functions at a fairly low price then the ‘Dell Inspiron 15 Touchscreen’ laptop is built for you.
This time Dell managed to keep the price below the $500 mark while providing the good specs. It comes with the 7th Gen Intel Core i5 processor with turbo boost support, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD storage, and 15.6-inch diagonal touch screen with WLED-backlit and 1366×768 pixels resolution. The touch screen works great with Windows 10. The Intel Core i5 processor is powerful enough for multitasking, web browsing, home office work and streaming movies and TV shows.
It weighs around the 6.5 pounds which is we believe a bit heavy than what you can expect from a laptop and it might slow you down if you carry it all the time. The keys of a keyboard are flat and bit low which is fine and you can always connect the external keyboard using the one of the port. Battery life isn’t that great and if you do the intensive work it drains fast and has an average life of 5 hours.
- Good specs at a fairly low price
- Good performance
- Heavy laptop
- Does not have DVD drive
- The short life of batteries
- 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7200U mobile processor
6. Asus Chromebook Flip C302CA-DH54
Chromebooks are on the rage nowadays. They are affordable, well designed and have enough specs for the average users especially suitable for the students.
Asus Chromebook flip has a sleek, lightweight design and weighs about 2.65 pounds that means it can be easily moved with you. Its extremely bright display allows to use it outside in daylight and provides the 1080p resolutions. It has a responsive touchscreen and touchpad provides the glassy-smooth surface for better user experience. As it can flip at 360 degrees, it can be used as a laptop or tablet. It comes with 4GB DDR3 RAM and 64GB Flash storage which is a perfect combination for the basic laptop users and college-going students.
Overall, Asus Chromebook a perfect fit for the college-going student who loves to stay updated with the new technology and yet wants a budget-friendly touchscreen laptop that can be used as a tablet. It is highly recommended for business users. For any compatibility issues with Google Docs, you can use Microsoft Office 365 online version.
- Sturdy and lightweight design good to carry it around.
- Bright display that allows the user to work in outdoor settings
- Good battery life that runs up to the 10 hours
- Can be used as a laptop or tablet
- Some user interface elements are not user-friendly
- Fewer connectivity options with just two USB-C ports
- The flexible 360 Degree hinge and 12.5" full HD touchscreen lets you use the C302 in tablet or laptop mode; Battery: 39WHrs, 2S1P, 2 cell Li ion. Storage is 64GB EMMC + TPM
5. Latest_Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 5000 14.0″ Laptop
Dell has taken the lead with the 2-in-1 Dell Inspiron laptops. The latest Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 5000 looks very premium for its price range and everything on it from the touch screen display to the keyboard and performance is very impressive. Because of the small size and lightweight, the Dell Inspiron 5000 is very convenient to carry and the 8th Gen Intel Core i3 processor is great for running your home office applications, web browsing or for media consumption.
As said before, the Dell Inspiron 5000 is a 2-in-1 laptop so it can be used as a laptop and a tablet. The display is very clear and sharp and the Windows 10 touchscreen drivers make the touchscreen itself great.
- The display has good contrast and viewing angles
- Thin and light design
- Great build quality
- It is only i3 processor
- The keyboard is not backlit
- 14. 0-inch HD (1366 x 768) LED-Backlit Touch Display
Here is a useful video about touch screen laptops:
Price Range $600:
4. ASUS VivoBook Flip 14
ASUS VivoBook line of laptops are the thinnest and light Windows laptops available. They are the most portable and have the most premium design and build. This ASUS VivoBook is a really good touch screen laptop around 600 dollars if you need a very thin and lightweight touchscreen laptop. The ASUS VivoBook Flip TP412UA-DB51T weighs just under 3.5 lbs and is just under half an inch thick, which makes it a very portable touch screen laptop. The 2-in-1 design with this laptop works well, so you can have it in tablet mode or laptop mode.
The 8th Gen i5 processor is powerful and efficient to handle most of the tasks on this tiny stylish touch screen laptop. It can easily manage web browsing, word processing, entertainment and even the basic gaming. The touch screen display is very bright and has good color accuracy so it will look good when watching TV shows or movies.
- Thin and light design
- Stays cool even with a fanless design
- Excellent ergonomic design
- Comes installed with bloatware
- Sound from speakers is very weak
- Powerful & efficient Intel Core i5-8250U 1.6GHz (up to 3.4GHz); 256GB SSD HDD, 8GB DDR4 RAM.
3. New HP Premium High-Performance Touchscreen Laptop
One more gem by HP that fall just short to the $600. Packed in silver-grey shade chassis, this can a good by for those who are looking for the decent performance with good RAM.
It has the 12GB RAM accompanied with the 1TB ATA hard drive which means it will provide good space but if you want to play the demanding game or performing intensive tasks that demand a lot of data processing then this laptop may slow down a bit. The variant that we are discussing here has 12GB RAM but the laptop also available with 4 and 8GB RAM. Has convincing graphics with an Intel HD Graphics 620 and it can also have the super-multi DVD/CD burner which often lacks in new laptops. It provides good connectivity with HDMI, USB 3.1, USB 2.0 ports and multi-format digital card reader.
- Good RAM & Hard Drive at a competitive price
- Long battery life
- Better connectivity with multiple ports
- Has mechanical hard drive which may slow down while doing intensive work
- Could not handle graphic intensive games
- Intel Core i5-7200U (2.5 GHz base frequency, up to 3.1 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB cache, 2 cores) with Integrated Intel HD Graphics 620
2. Dell Inspiron 5570
This Dell Inspiron 5570 is another variant of their latest model 5593. It has a 15.6-inch full HD touch screen panel which is very impressive because it is precise. The overall design and feel of the Dell Inspiron 5570 are very premium and it has a very good thin and lightweight design. It has the 8th Gen Quad-Core i5 processor. The best type of processor you can get under this budget. The Quad-Core i5 processor with 16GB RAM and 512GB SSD can make this laptop worthy.
Even under load, there is not a lot of noise from the cooling fan and the temperature also does not go very hot. Due to its performance, the Dell Inspiron 5570 is great for work, college, programming and for some light gaming. For additional disk space requirement, you get 1TB normal hard disk in this model. 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD will fulfil all data storage demand on this laptop.
- Best build quality with thin and light design
- Excellent hardware configuration
- Great mouse touchpad
- Battery life is short
- Missing dedicated display card
- 16GB DDR4 RAM; Storage: 512GB M. 2 SSD + 1TB HDD (Seal is broken for upgrades Only, Professional Installation Service included)
1. Lenovo Yoga 710
Lenovo Yoga 710 is a well-designed, compact and classic laptop that can be used as a tablet and provides the touchscreen experience.
Though it goes just above the mark of $600, it is packed with few valuable specs that are worth buying at this price. It comes with the 7th generation Intel Dual Core i5 processor which can turbo boost up to the 3.10GHz and has 256GB solid-state drive. The 15.6-inch display has the 1920×1080 pixel resolutions with full HD feature and the screen is 10-point multitouch-enabled. It also has LED backlight and can flip and fold in a 360-degree angle. It has sufficient ports for better connectivity but the DVD/CD drive is removed to keep it compact.
Overall Lenovo yoga 710 is an ultrathin, lightweight multipoint touchscreen laptop that can be converted into the tablet and has a good battery backup of approximately 9 hrs.
- Value for money
- Bright and better-sized display
- Long battery life
- Do not have a DVD/CD drive
- Some user experienced the flickering of the screen
- 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7200U (2. 5GHz, 3M Cache, Turbo up to 3. 10 GHz, Dual Core, Four Threads), 8 GB DDR4 memory, 256 GB Solid State Drive, Intel HD Graphics 620.
While tablets are easy to carry around, not everyone prefers them. So here where the top 10 best touchscreen laptops in 2020 in several price range for those who prefer a touch screen display on their laptops. Some of these laptops are traditional while some are 2-in-1, which means you can use them as tablets or laptops with Windows 10 on them.