We are living in the modern era, the 21st century where everything has started to move to the word of technology. With the advancement in technology, we get to see new products we were not even familiar. Every time you visit the technology shopping center or visit tech websites, you will come to know how rapidly technological word is changing. The best example of such technology is laptops. Laptops now have become our basic need. From people in business to employees and students, laptops are the necessity of life.
Just like every other person, teachers need them as well. There was a time when the things were done manually, but with the advancement in technology, automation has made the work more comfortable as compared to manual processes. If you are a teacher and looking for the best laptops for teachers than you are in the right place. These below laptops well suitable for elementary teachers and teachers program you may be going to attend.
You cannot enjoy work if the machine is slow and doesn’t have enough memory. There are different companies present in the market manufacturing a variety of laptops for years. Every month a new technology and features become part of a new product. Dynamic competition is pushing the market; everyone is trying to introduce the latest technology to maintain its value in the marketplace.
Laptop Buying Guide for Teachers
Though all laptops from our list are chosen carefully to meet the requirements of teaching professionals. But as a buyer, you should be aware of what specifications make the best teaching laptop.
Here are some useful things you should look for while purchasing the new laptop:
- Laptop vs. Desktop: To chose a laptop or desktop is a huge dilemma for most of the teachers. Usually, the laptop wins the race as you can move it from one place to other. Often, the laptop is a lightweight product and almost comes with all the things that a desktop can provide.
- Screen size & Quality matters: When it comes to buying a laptop for teachers, screen size does matter. Though laptops are available in various screen sizes, 13”, 15” and 17” screen sizes are widely popular among the users.
Out of these three different screen sizes, laptops with 15” screen are the preferred choice for teachers. It has enough space to open the several windows at a time which is a useful quality to shuffle between different documents and notes. If you frequently use the laptop outside of the classroom, then you need a brighter screen. Also, if a subject that you teach demands video or photo editing, then retina display can be a good choice, but it comes with a hefty price.
- Storage Space: Though most of the laptop comes with enough storage capacity, it is worthwhile to see how much you will need. As a teacher, you may want to save several documents, notes, explainer videos, and images. All these files will demand good storage capacity. Usually, as a teacher 500GB of storage will be sufficient for you.
- Battery Life & Weight: These two things decide whether you can frequently carry your laptop outside or not. To carry it around, you will need a lightweight laptop with a good battery backup. Excellent battery life will help your laptop to function longer when there is no external electricity source to plug in the machine. Laptop with 5+ hours battery life is good enough for teachers but having 8+hours battery life helps.
- Processing Speed of laptop: You know how annoying it will be if your laptop crash or starts lagging behind in the middle of your lecture. Better speed comes with better CPU specifications. Usually, 4GB RAM is enough for teachers, we suggest you should go for higher than that to make it function faster.
After thorough research, we have shortlisted the top ten best laptops for teachers in 2020. The below list of the specifications and key features will help you out in selecting the laptop that matches your expectations and budget.
10 Best Laptops for Teachers in 2020 – Filtered List
1. Acer Aspire E15 E5-576-392H
Acer company is in advanced electronics technology and building the best laptops for decades. Providing pleasing aesthetics and better specifications at a low cost is the main strength of Acer. No wonder Acer Aspire E15 E5-576-392H comes with the great value systems for teachers.
It comes with 8th generation Intel Core i3 processor which makes it a powerful processing machine. 15.6-inch screen with LED display, 5.27-pound weight, and longer battery life make this laptop a perfect solution for every teacher.
As discussed earlier, screen size, weight, battery life, and storage capacity plays an important role while choosing a laptop for teachers. This laptop stands true for each of these specifications. It is a lightweight laptop with a perfect screen size. Also, as per the Acer, this laptop has 13.5 hours of battery life which way better than all other laptops in the market.
Overall, with minimum weight, good screen size, enough storage, and best processing unit you can carry this laptop anywhere. All these specifications are sufficient to denote that the new laptops series Acer Aspire E15 E5-576-392H are specifically designed for the teachers. The unique features and reliability make it one of the correct choices on this list.
- Processor: 8th Gen Intel Core i3
- RAM: 6 GB
- Storage: 1TB HDD
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 620 ( 2GB graphics RAM)
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Battery Life: 13.5 Hours
- Weight: 5.27lbs
- Long-lasting battery life
- Great storage space with the latest processing unit.
- A budget laptop with great specifications
- Several users complained that it becomes slow after a few weeks of use
- 8th Generation Intel Core i3 8130U Processor 2.2 GHz (Up to 3.2GHz)
- 15.6 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED lit Display
2. HP Envy x 360
When it comes to laptops, no needs any introduction to the company named as HP. HP stands for Hewlett-Packard, founded in 1947 and is known for producing high-quality computers. The HP Envy 15 is one more best laptop from HP that carries a stylish looking sleek metal body, multi-touch enabled flexible touchscreen and a backlit keyboard. It is a budget premium laptop that comes with various useful functions but has a slightly bulky look.
It has a 15.6-inch touchscreen with 1920×1080 resolutions and comes with the multi-touch enabled display. 178° wide-viewing angles make it easier to view the content on the screen from various angles so that you are not get stuck to a certain position but can move from one place to another while teaching. 360° flip-and-fold design ensure that it can be used as a tablet.
It has AMD Quad-Core Ryzen 5 2500 (which is more powerful than 7th Gen i7 Intel processor) processor with speed of 2.0GHz base frequency and up to 3.6GHz burst frequency. 8 GB RAM with 256GB SSD storage helps this machine to perform at a better speed. With 10.5 hours of battery life, 6.6 pound weight, and 15.6-inch widescreen this can be a good laptop for teachers.
- Processor: AMD Quad-Core Ryzen 5 2500
- RAM: 8 GB
- Storage: 256GB SSD
- Graphics: AMD Radeon Vega 8
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Battery Life: 10.5 Hours
- Weight: 6.6 pounds
- Powerful laptop for the price
- Multi-touch enabled screen with a great viewing angle
- Some used experienced well-known ‘mouse jump’ bug (Which is one of the common issues for few HP laptops).
- A delicate machine so needs to be handled carefully.
- AMD Ryzen 5 2500U: AMD Quad-Core Ryzen 5 2500U Processor, 2.0GHz Base Frequency, up to 3.60GHz, 6 MB Smartcache
- Expanded Storage: 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 SDRAM, 256GB PCle Solid State Drive, Can Exactly Reach Your Expectation
3. 2020 ASUS VivoBook for Teachers
Apart from Acer, Asus is another Taiwanese multinational company that deals with the manufacturing of excellent computers, phones, and other electronic gadgets. The same excellence you can find with the latest 2020 Asus Vivobook laptop. This slim, powerful laptop is built for better performance while considering the budget in mind. It equipped with AMD Ryzen 3 3200U that turbo up to the 3.5GHz. Asus nano-edge bezel helps to achieve the 80% screen-to-body ratio which becomes useful to fit the 15.6 inches wide view display into the 14-inch laptop frame.
When it comes to performance, this machine managed to handle every task seemingly. Thanks to an amazing processor that runs along the 8GB DDR4 RAM, AMD Radeon Vega 3 & 256GB SSD Hard Drive. With 3.7 pounds of weight & good battery life, users don’t need to worry about its portability. The cost of the laptop is affordable for any teachers and you get a variety of models for every price range by adjusting RAM and SSD storage.
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 3200U up to 3.5GHz
- RAM: 8 GB DDR4
- Storage: 256GB SSD
- Graphics: AMD Radeon Vega 3
- Operating System: Windows 10
- Weight: 3.7 pounds
- Thinner & lighter machine
- Better display at the lower price range.
- Accurate fingerprint sensor with an ergonomic chiclet keyboard.
- Cap locks come without any LED light.
- Maybe not suitable for high-end usage
Overall, with an amazing processor, RAM, storage and USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HDMI; this nano edge laptop becomes a good choice for teachers who want a slimmer and lightweight machine.
4. Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 – (Editor’s Choice)
This is the lightweight, stylish, sleekest laptop among our list. It is a newly launched version by Microsoft that comes with better performance and improved speed. Its sleek and stylish design is sufficient to fall in love with it. It has everything that a teaching profession demands.
With this laptop, you don’t need to worry about speed as it equipped with the latest 10th gen Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM, and 128GB SSD storage. Changing from dual-core to quad-core processor is the best thing that has been changed with the latest version of this laptop. It leads to enhanced performance. The 13.5-inch touch display has an interactive touchscreen feature and provides 2256×1504 pixels resolution. Not only it is best in all these specifications, but with 3.4-pound weight, it becomes a lightweight laptop that easily fits in the bag.
Surface Laptop 3 is new in the market and already proved to be the best choice and hardware specification for the teacher training. Its portability and sleek style make it commendable among other laptops. This laptop offers the latest Windows 10 which can have all Windows OS based teaching and training programs.
Key features –
- 13.5-inch touch screen with 2256×1504 pixels resolution.
- RAM – 8GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 128GB (Also available in 256 & 512GB)
- Processor – 10th gen Intel Core i5 (Also in i7)
- Battery life – Up to 11.5 hours of video playback.
- Weight – 3.4 pounds
- Sleek, elegant design with possibly low weight.
- A very fast machine, useful for those who travel more for business purpose.
- Thin, functional keyboard covered with Signature Alcantara.
- Omnisonic speakers hidden below the keyboard
- No dedicated display
- Clean, elegant design — Thin and light, starting at just 2.79 pounds, Surface Laptop 3 is easy to carry
- Choose from rich tone-on-tone color combinations: New Sandstone, plus Matte Black, Cobalt Blue, and Platinum
5. Dell Gaming Laptop G5587
Dell laptops are renowned around the globe for cost-effectivenesses. The commendable features and extraordinary quality make them am an excellent machine. They have launched a special series recently and is highly recommended to the teachers due to the performance and easy to carry features.
Though it has ‘Gaming’ name on the laptop model, it is suitable for any teachers and lecturers who are looking for a powerful laptop that can handle multitasking well. It comes with 8th generation Intel Core i5 processor that can work up to 3.9GHz. 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD+ 1TB storage capacity makes this laptop fast enough for teachers. The RAM can be upgraded later. The motherboard supports max up to 32GB RAM. This edition originally built for gamers but considering its RAM, storage capacity, several ports facility we are confident enough that it is a good fit for teachers too. Also, if you are a hobby gamer, then this can a perfect fit for you.
- 8th gen Intel Core processor (Up to 3.9 GHz turbo boost)
- 15.6-inch display with anti-glare LED-backlit & IPS technology. (1920×1080 resolution)
- RAM – 8GB DDR SDRAM
- Storage – 128GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
- Graphics – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (with 6GB graphics card RAM)
- USB Ports – 3 USB 3.0 ports
- Has an amazingly sharp & bright screen due to IPS technology.
- Stylish design with front-facing speakers and a backlit keyboard.
- Do not have a CD drive
- 8th Generation Intel Core i5 8300H Processor (quad core, 8MB Cache, up to 3.9 gigahertz w/Turbo Boost)
- 8GB 2666 megahertz DDR4 up to [32GB], (additional memory sold separately)
6. ASUS Chromebook C202SA-YS02- Best laptop for teachers Under $200
Due to advancement in technology, there is a need for high-tech laptops in schools and colleges. Asus is producing the Chromebooks which are the best choice for not only students but teachers as well. The system comes with the following features:
· 4 GB RAM.
· Battery life 10 hours.
· Flash Storage 16 GB
· Intel Celeron N3060 Processor (2M Cache, up to 2.48 GHz)
· Anti-Glare Display
· Water Resistant Design
· Affordable price and a modular design.
· Long battery timings make it a solid choice among other Chromebooks.
· It is a bit thicker as compared to other machines.
· No CD or DVD drive
- Ready for drops and spills with rugged construction with reinforced rubber guards, easy grip handles, and a spill resistant keyboard
- Lightweight 2.65 pound body and rugged construction that can be dropped from 3.9 feet so you can take it anywhere without disruption
7. Lenovo Ideapad 310
Lenovo is a remarkable company known for the manufacture of the best laptops in the market. This laptop has distinctive features making it one of the best-selling product in the market. Lately, this laptop has undergone massive changes. Its previous version used to run on Intel Core processor but this new version is working with AMD A series. Also, the new version has more RAM and increased storage capacity. Overall, this laptop is upgraded to work fast and have more space to work with.
- 15.6-inch display with 1366×768 pixels resolution
- RAM – 12GB
- Storage – 1TB HDD
- Average battery life – 5 to 6 hours
- Weight – 4.84 pounds
- Graphics – AMD Radeon R5
- Great buy at an affordable price
- Relatively short battery timing of 5 hours.
8. Acer Premium 2-in-1 Notebook Chromebook
Acer premium Chromebook built to handle the Google suite. If your institute extensively uses all the Google products including Google classroom, then you will thank Acer for making such a useful gadget. It runs on Chrome operating system with Intel Celeron N3150 processor and has 4GB RAM & 32 GB storage. Though the screen size is 11.6 inch, it comes with touchscreen HD LED-backlit IPS and provides 1366×768 pixels resolution
- Processor – Intel Celeron N3150
- RAM – 4GB
- Storage – 32GB SSD
- OS – Chrome
- 11.6-inch display with 1366×768 pixel resolutions
- Weight – 2.65 pounds
- Battery life – Up to 9.5 hours.
- Best for surfing the internet and to work with Google suite applications.
- Lightweight and compact machine. Easy to carry.
- Intel Celeron N3150 Processor 1.6GHz, 11.6" Touchscreen HD LED-backlit IPS (1366 x 768) Display
- 4GB DDR3L System Memory, 32GB Internal Storage
9. Acer Aspire 1 A114-32-C1YA (Budget Laptop)
Acer Aspire 1 laptop is one of the best budget laptops for teachers. Carrying around the school should not be an issue as It weighs just above 3 pounds and has a classy design. It features 4GB RAM with 64 GB storage. This stylish laptop has a beautiful looking full HD screen enabled with ‘BlueLightShield technology’ that reduces eyestrain and extend your working hours.
The 14-inch screen has a LED-backlit display with 1920×1080 pixels resolutions. Having Windows 10 home in S mode with Microsoft office 365 personal 1-year subscription becomes its plus point for those who extensively use the laptop for business work or presentation purposes.
- 14-inch display with LED-backlit (1920×1080 res.)
- RAM – 4GB
- Storage – 64GB
- Processor – Intel Celeron (2.6GHz)
- Weight – 3.64 pounds
- Battery life – 6.5 hours
- USB – 2 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.o ports
- BlueLightShield technology helps increase working time reducing eye strain.
- An affordable laptop with better specifications.
- Battery life is relatively low.
- Intel Celeron N4000 Dual-Core Processor (Up to 2.6GHz)
- 14" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit Display
10. New MacBook Pro by Apple
Apple is considered one of the top choice around the world. Due to its unique operating system and remarkable features, the machine makes an excellent choice for every user. Regarding performance, they are the best laptops for teachers. MacBook Pro laptop is one of the best laptops present in the market.
If you do not have any dependency in Windows OS for your teaching job, then you can think of the Mac laptop. Since most of the applications including Microsoft Office available for macOS, you can consider getting a powerful Apple laptop.
- 2.4 GHz 8th Gen Quad-Core Processor
- 13 inch Retina display (2560×1600 resolutions)
- Processor – Quad-Core Intel Core i5
- RAM- 8GB
- Storage – 256GB
- Battery life – up to 10 hours
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Weight – 3.02 pounds
· Excellent performance and speed
· Great display quality and power of macOS
· The price is comparatively on a higher side
· 256GB Hard drive is not appropriate for storing a large amount of data
- 2.4 GHz 8th-Generation quad-core Intel Core i5 Processor
- Brilliant Retina Display with True Tone technology
We have shortlisted top 10 best laptops for teachers based on the users’ ratings and reviews. These laptops can be used for teacher training, programs, and teaching at school or college. Plenty of options are available in the market and making the right selection is a tuff ask. You need to identify the requirements and then match the specifications of the machine. Choose the product which has the most matching features with your requirements. We hope that this article will help you in making the right choice.