Snow Leopard 10.6.2 Intel AMD by Hazard is a famous hackintosh distribution available on internet. It was almost tweaked for Intel and AMD physical computers with most of the famous chipsets. The good thing is, it works well on Oracle VirtualBox without any third party boot loaders or editing configuration files. But the main issue is, this can’t be updated to latest Mac OS X versions because of its running in hacked kernel which can’t be upgraded. This guide is showing how to update Snow Leopard 10.6.2 Intel AMD by Hazard to 10.6.7 latest update on VMware or VirtualBox.
I’m not only showing the way of update, but also the few and important points you must consider to install Snow Leopard 10.6.7 Intel AMD by Hazard on VirtualBox and VMware.
Hazard 10.6.7 on VirtualBox 4
1) The latest Oracle VirtualBox 4 came with new motherboard and sound virtual chipsets. Therefore it makes the possibility of working sound inside Snow Leopard virtual machine.
Make sure the following chipsets are set for virtual machine before start the hazard installation.
2) Install the latest VirtualBox VM Extension pack corresponding to your version. As of today 4.0.4 is the latest release and read more here where to download VirtualBox extension pack 4.0.4 and install.
This step must be done to avoid virtual machine crashing problem while accessing USB storage devices inside Snow Leopard VM.
4) Skip the next part and go to last part to update.
Hazard 10.6.7 on VMware
1) By any chance you are running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 Intel AMD by Hazard on VMware workstation or VMPlayer, make sure to replace some kext files before restart the virtual machine after the software update.
If you restart the Snow leopard virtual machine without replacing these kext files with older version, then your USB keyword,mouse and storage will stop working.
2) Follow the next part.
Update Snow Leopard by Hazard to 10.6.7
It’s the same procedure in VirtualBox and VMware.
The important thing is, we must install the additional legacy kernel 10.6.7 package (which will overwrite the kernel) before press Restart button after the update.
1) Download and transfer the legacy kernel 10.6.7 to your Mac OS X virtual machine.
2) Now, either you run the software update or download the latest 10.6.7 combo update manually.
Start the update, if you have snapshot feature in your desktop virtualization software, then better take a snapshot of current state now.
Once installation (update) completed, DO NOT press restart button. It will allow you to work on other things without restarting or closing the dialog box.
3) Run the legacy kernel 10.7.0 package now.
4) Select legacy kernel option as shown below. I’m not sure how this update will work on AMD processor computer.
Please someone update the result in comments area.
5) Once the kernel package installation completed, restart the Snow leopard virtual machine now.
You may get some VirtualBox errors while restarting. Do not worry, just power off the virtual machine and power it on again.
I’m sure it will boot properly with all latest updated Mac OS X 10.6.7.
Here is the updated Snow Leopard 10.6.7 Intel AMD by Hazard on Oracle VirtualBox with 95% working sound.
I’m sure these steps can be done easily by you, since this Hazard is already tweaked for non apple hardware.
Just let me know how it worked for you.