For an artist, it is utmost importance to be able to draw and modify his/her work efficiently for an enjoyable drawing experience. And this depends, a lot on the device on which you are drawing if you are a next-generation digital artist. Hence, I decided to help you out on this and provide you with some popular suggestions on selecting the best tablet for artists and designers like you.
Having a professional tablet will make your job or hobby easy if you like drawing electronically. Below list has basics to advanced best graphics tablets that suitable for professionals to children. Some can be connected to Windows PC and some can be on Mac OS X. These tablets will allow you to draw, paint, write and upload your drawings quickly. You could check our earlier list of best laptops for graphic design and music editing. On the basis of several reviews and customer feedback, I am able to name these ten tablets that are best for artists.
List of Best Drawing Tablet for Artists/Designers
1) Wacom Intuos Drawing Tablet
Wacom is a nailing brand in the tablet industry and needs no exaggeration. This particular latest Wacom model offers convenience and smoothness in drawing with its HD display and user-friendly menus. It supports all the main operating systems and editing software such as Adobe Photoshop. It also features a battery-free pen for drawing which makes it even easier to maintain. Apart from this, you also enjoy a free drawing pack that includes drawing tutorials and ArtRage software, along with the box. This one is great for beginners and extremely efficient for pros. This is one of the best tablets for artists that can be connected to Windows or Mac to draw, color and design your artwork.
- Graphics tablet to use in any software for digital art, photo editing and animation 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity and 2540 lips
2) Huion Inspiroy H640P Graphics Drawing Tablet
Like all the Huion tabs, this one too hits the expectations fruitfully and provides yet another proficient drawing experience to its users with its 8192 levels of Pen pressure sensitivity. It comes with Android 6.0 which is compatible with Windows, Mac and Chromebook operating systems, this tablet features a rechargeable pen for all those who forget to carry extra batteries every time. The user-friendly menus and high-quality display along with all the above features make it a prudent choice among the tabs of its competitive range.
Since it is based on Android OS, even you can easily connect with your Android tab or smartphones to draw or take notes. With excellent customer feedback, and the features it carries for a lower price (Less than $50 as on writing this review), this tablet is one of the best options for artists.
- Support Mac/Windows/Android: Not only compatible with Mac and Windows, Huion H640P also supports Android 6.0 or later via an included OTG adapter to turn your phones or tablets into a digital drawing canvas.This easy-to-use pen tablet is perfect for kids and beginners for drawing，animation，photo-editing or design work in most programs including Adobe Photoshop, paint tool sai, illustrator, corel draw, corel painter, sketchbook, manga studio, clip studio paint and more.
3) Wacom DTH1320AK0 Cintiq Pro
Again the brand that needs no introduction. So all I can say about this model is that if you are attuned with the budget, this is the cleverest choice. No other tablet will provide you with the sensitivity of drawing tablets and interactivity of a PC, both at the same time, for the most magnificent drawing experience, that every artist dreams for. Its high-quality 13-inch display and 4x greater accuracy pressure sensitivity are the attraction and with it, you will feel like you are actually drawing on paper. It also features customizable keys that can be left or right-handed. One of the best drawing tablet you should consider in 2019. It supports Windows 7 later and Mac OS X 10.10 versions for your drawing and artwork.
- Remarkable clarity with a full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution, 13 inches display and superior color quality (87 percentage Adobe RGB)
4) New Apple iPad Pro (4th Gen)
This one was actually invented for digital artists and if you are looking for a perfect balance of efficient drawing tab and a laptop, this one is just for you. This complete set of the Apple-Tab and the Apple Pencil easily transforms to help you as drawing tab or a laptop whenever and wherever you desire. In this device, you are also facilitated to download drawing apps from the app store to enhance your experience.
Other than for only drawing, this device can act as a suitable tablet for entertainment and multi-purposes for single or family use with the other gadgets.
- 12.9-inch edge-to-edge Liquid Retina display with ProMotion, True Tone, and P3 wide color
5) Microsoft Surface Book
Another option for a Laptop-tablet combination device. Built by Microsoft, this one runs the Windows 10 operating system. Hence you can install software such as Adobe Photoshop, easily, without any ado. The USB here is at high processing speed and high-quality interactive display. You can reliably opt for the latest Surface Book if you are looking for a Laptop that can actually work as a drawing tablet for you. With the Surface Dial and Pen which are sold separately, your drawing becomes easy on this Windows 10 tablet for artists.
- The most powerful surface Laptop. Unleash your ideas with high-speed Intel Core processors and the latest NVIDIA graphics performance
6) Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0″ 32 GB
This is an Android-based Tablet for you and is much cheaper than its competitive device, i.e. Apple iPad pro. It features a large screen display and Wacom digitizer to provide you with proficient drawing experience. And with the facility to access Google Play Store, you can easily install and run desired apps all the time.
It comes with 32GB built-in storage, but if you think it is not enough for your art/graphical work, you can expand the storage up to 512GB. That is the main advantage of having Android devices when it comes to storage.
- Minimum bezel; Maximum view: Designed with a minimized bezel, giving you more room to view your favorite content in a slim, comfortable form; The premium metallic finish and lightweight design make it easy to use around the house or on the go
7) XP-PEN Artist15.6 (Best Tablet for Artist in 2020)
An excellent tab for artists with 15.6 inches IPS drawing monitor and a high level of pressure. The 8192 levels pressure provide the groundbreaking sensitivity while drawing on the tab, it will almost make you like drawing on the paper. The stylus does not require charging. As it remains Amazon’s choice while writing this review because of its high configuration, reasonable price, and the customer feedback, it is one the best device you must consider.
Works great with the Windows 10, 8 and Windows 7, also the Mac OS X version later than 10.8. The connectivity can be made by USB-C type, hence it is easy to plug-in and use. XP-PEN Artist15.6 is highly recommended as the best tablet for artists.
- [Warm Reminder: Artist15.6 drawing pen display must be used with a computer] Functions allow users to sketch, paint, design and edit directly from the tablet screen. Your work function will flow naturally and intuitively. Enjoy the high quality glass design which gives you high precision and prevents dust build up
8) Microsoft Surface Pro 7 – Best Windows Tablet for Artists
After the successful release of several Microsoft Surface Pro series, Pro 7 is yet another improved version for artists and students to go for. This one is a two-in-one laptop cum tablet which has been designed keeping in mind the needs and necessities of digital artists who also desire for a laptop. This one again is a Microsoft device supports Windows 10 and the related software smoothly. With the high-end hardware configuration Gen 10 i5 (or i7) processor, 256GB SSD, and 8GB RAM, the Surface Pro 7 is a must-get Windows OS laptop/tablet for artists in the year 2020 (but slightly expensive in this list).
Based on your budget you can select different hardware variables during the purchase. The Surface pen should be bought separately.
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
9) Huion KAMVAS GT-191 Digital Graphics Drawing Monitor
A highly interactive, professional drawing tablet at an affordable price for all those who are looking for an interactive drawing experience under the budget. This tab also has the higher Pen pressure which is 8192 to capture your every move and pressure on the tablet while drawing. With a large 19.5” screen and 1920×1080 HD display, this tablet stands out as a smart choice among all the other tablets of its competitive range.
It has HDMI, VGA and DVI ports to match all user needs to connect with the different type of devices. Like other tablets, it can work with the Windows 10/8.1/7 and Mac OS X 10.11 later.
- [Warm Reminder: Huion KAMVAS GT-191 must be worked with the computer] 8192 Levels Pen Pressure Sensitivity: 4 times increased from 2048 to 8192 which provide better performance in drawing lines. Finer and thicker lines are all in your control by how hard you press the pen on the tablet
10) Yiynova MVP 22 U
This one is a cheaper alternative of Cintiq 13 HD and offers all major features of many other flagship brands. Along with a large screen display with a DVI cable for good picture quality, it comes with two pens in the box, each of different pressure sensitivity and curve. It supports Linux Operating system and offers a wide range of versatile adapters making it compatible with several modern monitors. The only limitation is its low popularity making it less reliable than other brands.
- (Is replaced by new MVP22U+FE model ) Active display/drawing area (H x V): 476.64 x 268.11 mm (21.5
I hope that the reviews cited above for artists and designers are helpful to pick the right tablet for drawing work. Happy drawing !!