Virtual CloneDrive is a free software to mount ISO files in Windows 7 and other Operating systems. As Windows 8.1 and later versions support mounting ISO files without 3rd party software, if you are still using Windows 7, then you need a tool like VirtualCloneDrive. This utility makes life easy by accessing ISO files like a normal CD or DVD drive in Windows Explorer without writing them on disks. Virtual Clone Drive is fully compatible with Windows 7 and that works fine.
Nowadays, most of the software and Operating Systems are available on the internet to download in ISO format, which can be written on CD/DVD or mount and use.
Mount ISO Files in Windows 7
Installation and usage of Virtual Clonedrive are very simple.
2) Install it on Windows 7 computer. You may get a driver installation warning message because it will install Virtualclone drive as a driver. You can accept the installation; it’s not harmful to Windows 7.
3) After the successful installation, one extra disk drive will appear in Windows explorer, as shown below.
This will be the default drive where ISO files will be mounted.
4) Do you want to mount more than one ISO files and use in Windows 7? Don’t worry, it’s still possible. You can increase the number of virtual drives by following method.
5) Open Virtual Clonedrive program in start menu. Increase the number of drives.
6) Now go to additional clone drives in Windows 7 explorer, right click on it, go to Virtual CloneDrive and select Mount. Here you can browse ISO file to mount and use as CD or DVD drive.
7) If you have a single virtual clonedrive, then simply right click on ISO file and open with Virtual Clonedrive program. This will mound the ISO file in default virtual drive. When you have multiple virtual drives, follow the step 6.
8) To Unmount or release the ISO file, right click on mounted virtual drive, go to Virtual CloneDrive and select Unmount.
This is the best free software to mount multiple ISO files in Windows 7 without any issues. Though there are few more free products available to mount ISO files in Windows 7, this is my favorite to mount ISO files in Windows 7, Windows 2008, even 2003 servers.