This is just an add on update for my previous post Install Mac Snow Leopard in VMware Player. I couldn’t test the earlier method in AMD processor computer. After several days with some user comments, this post shows how to install Mac Snow Leopard on AMD PC by same VMware Image.
The boot loader came with this download works with Intel 32 Bit host only. To run SL in AMD PC, we need different boot loader. Thanks to Santosh for mentioning it.
Steps for Snow Leopard in AMD Processor PC
1) Download darwin legacy boot loader here.
2) VMware image, mentioned in this post.
3) Extract the both downloads.
4) Open VMX file in VMware player or workstation.
5) Browse darwin_snow_legacy.iso to CD Rom of virtual machine. Make sure CD Rom set as first boot device.
6) Start Snow leopard virtual machine. I’m sure you will land on desktop with out any issues. Recently a user confirmed this method worked for AMD and 64 Bit Host with following configuration.
500GB Hard Drive
AMD Athlon II 620, 4 cores @ 2.6 GHz
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
7) Follow the other steps mentioned here to change language, sound, mac admin password, networking, upgrades and VMware tools.
I don’t have AMD PC to demonstrate these steps but I’m hoping this will work as reported by some users.
Please do share your issues with this method, don’t forget to drop a comment if Snow Leopard 10.6.3 VMware image works in AMD processor computer.