Safe Mode in Android is for troubleshooting and you can only use the apps that came installed on your device. All third-party apps, apps which you have installed through the Google Play Store or through any APK file, will not be useable. Since these are unusable, this can be used to see if any of these apps are causing you trouble while using your Android phone. Here is the tip how to turn off and turn on safe mode on Android devices.
Do you want to use safe mode in android? but don’t know how to, We will tell you how to turn on and turn off safe mode in Android?
If some app is making your Android phone slow, sluggish or unresponsive, you can use safe mode in Android to uninstall that app and see if your phone works better without it.
Turn On Safe Mode in Android (When Your Phone is On)
Turn On Safe Mode in Android using this method if you are using a Google Nexus, Google Pixel, LG, Huawei, Motorola etc. You cannot turn on safe mode Samsung Galaxy Android phones using this method.This method is very simple and it will work when your phone is on. Here is the list of these simple steps that you can follow and turn on safe mode on your Android phone
- While your Android phone is turned on, unlock it.
- Press & hold the power/unlock button.
- In the menu that shows up, tap and holds on “Power Off”.
- A message will popup “Reboot to safe mode”. It will look something like this. Tap on “OK” to reboot to safe mode in Android.
- After some time, your Android phone will start in safe mode. At the bottom of the screen, you will see “Safe Mode” in a box to identify that your Android phone is running in safe mode, like this.
Turn On Safe Mode in Android (Samsung, When Your Phone is Off)
You can also turn on safe mode in Android when your phone is off. Just like the last method, this method works with Google Nexus, Google Pixel, LG, Huawei, Motorola etc. and this is the only way to turn on safe mode in a Samsung Galaxy Android phone. This is also a very simple way, but most would prefer to use the previous method.
You can try to turn on safe mode in Android using this method if somehow you cannot turn on your phone.
Here Are the simple steps you can follow and turn off safe mode on your android phone
- If your Android phone is on, turn it off.
- While your Android phone is turned off, press and hold the power button.
- When you see the start-up animation, Google, LG, Samsung or whichever phone you are using, press and hold the “Volume down” button.
- As soon as the start-up animation ends, release the volume down button.
After some time, your Android phone will start in safe mode and just as before, you will see the “Safe mode” in a box on the bottom of the screen. Note that only this method works on Samsung Galaxy Android phones.
Turn On Safe Mode in Android (Android Version 4.0 or earlier)
Older phones that are running Android versions older than 4.1 have a different way to turn on safe mode. Other than that, using the Android phone in safe mode is more or less the same. Follow these steps to turn on safe mode in Android versions older than 4.1:
- If your Android phone is on, turn it off.
- When it is off, turn your Android phone on again.
- When you see the start-up animation, press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons at the same time.
- Keep pressing them until you see the “Safe mode” box at the bottom of the screen.
How To Turn Off Safe Mode in Android
Now if you are using Safe Mode on Android for the first time, of course, you wouldn’t want to use it for very long. You would just want to do your work and go back to default mode so that you can use your phone as you were doing before. Of course, you should turn off safe mode since you wouldn’t be able to use all of your installed apps and widgets since they are turned off in safe mode. You will need to turn off Safe Mode in Android to go back to the default mode.
Here are the steps you can follow to turn off safe mode in Android:
- While in safe mode, unlock your phone.
- Press and hold the power/unlock button.
- In the menu that shows up, tap on “Restart”.
- Your Android phone will restart into the default mode.
- You will be able to use all of your installed apps and widgets again.
Android is a very useful and powerful operating system for smartphones, which is why it is a very popular operating system. You can still encounter problems while using it so the safe mode in Android is a very good way to solve these problems.
Conclusion: Here we mentioned how to turn on and turn on safe mode in Android. It is very easy to turn on safe mode, there are a few different ways for all Android phones, but Samsung Galaxy’s safe mode can only be accessed through one way as mentioned before.
You can easily solve any problem without the interference of any app in safe mode in Android. You can find more about safe mode in Android here.